Dolores County, Colorado Oil & Gas
|Tank Battery||Permit Pending||Approved Permit||Spill||Flowline||Flowline (other end location unknown)|
|Producing Well||Water Test Results||Horizontal Drilling||Plugged and Abandoned||Dry and Abandoned||Abandoned Location: Permit Vacated; per Operator, Well has not been Spudded|
|Inspection||Pit||Approved Permit to Drill Wellbore; not yet Reported as Spudded; Includes Expired Permits||Shut-in Well: Completed Wellbore is not Producing but is Mechanically Capable of Production||Temporarily abandoned Well: Completed Wellbore not Mechanically Capable of Production without Intervention||Drilling Wellbore: well has been Spudded but is not yet Reported as Completed||Injection Wellbore for Waste Disposal or Secondary Recovery|
|Active Well : Gas Storage Well Completion or Monitor Well (Manually Assigned by COGCC Staff)||Waiting for Completion: Well has been Drilled but not yet Reported as Completed||Suspended Permit: Permit to Drill is Suspended until an Issue is Resolved||Commingled: Multiple Wellbores Completed and Producing from the same Formation in the Well||Abandoned Drilled Wellbore or Vacated Permit for Wellbore that will not be Drilled or the well has been abandoned||Domestic Gas Well||School|
The following 610 complaint(s) have been assigned to Dolores County, Colorado or have not been assigned to a county:
- Date Received: Nov. 2, 2017 Document No.: 200444589 ACCESS DOLORES Operator: Kinder Morgan Co2 Co Lp Facility: DC Description: Location: Dolores County, DC-29 Kinder Morgan. Off of C.R. 9.9 & J. Issue: well head valve malfunction. Overnight a valve failed and water "misted" over location on 10/31/2017. On 11/1/2017 KM tried to cover it up with dirt and gravel and now is showing through. Resolution: Kinder Morgan has completed REM project #10529 at the DC-29 location regarding this release.
- Date Received: Nov. 8, 2016 Document No.: 200440536 NOISE DOLORES Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: Air Products next to Doe Canyon CO2 plant in Dolores County Colorado Issue: At night the employees are opening the garage doors which is allowing the noise from within the plant to be heard where I live which is 1/2 mile west of the plant. The employees know that they are not allowed to do this but they do it any way. The noise is described as continuous and coming from equipment within the facility. The issue began on 10/29/16. Resolution: COGCC Staff reviewed the location described in the complaint and determined that the COGCC has no jurisdiction over the Air Products location. Complainant was informed of COGCC's lack of jurisdiction and COGCC staff suggested complainant contact the county to determine if there are any local rules for noise and lights.
- Date Received: July 20, 2012 Document No.: 200356838 ODOR DOLORES Operator: Kinder Morgan Co2 Co Lp Facility: DOE CANYON UNIT Description: Field Inspector received complaint by phone at aproximatetly 10PM from Cindy Tout stating that the wind was blowing towrds her home from the direction of the Doe Canyon facilty and carrying odors onto her property and into her home that she described as "overwhelming" and "unbearable". She stated that she called the Kinder Morgan hotline and talked to someone who was going to call the plant. Resolution: Leeter with MSDS and stack testing data recived 8-20-2012. Kinder Morgan has installed almar on the vapor scrubber that will notify control center 24/7 if scrubbr malfunctions. Plant persnnel have been added o it is now manned 10hrs day 7 days a week. Vapor Recovery Units have been ordred and will be added to existing and planned emission sources. Annticpated installed is 4Q2013.
- Date Received: Feb. 21, 2012 Document No.: 200340606 ODOR DOLORES Operator: Kinder Morgan Co2 Co Lp Facility: DOE CANYON UNIT Description: The Mertz and Wanger's were at the Wanger's residence on 2/13/12 and all 4 people noticed a "burning rubber" odor coming upwind from the Doe Canyon facility. They notified the inspector and local law enforcement. Resolution: NOAV likely, further documnetation currently being collected.
- Date Received: Aug. 8, 2019 Document No.: 200447906 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: On 6/12/2019 I completed orientation to do work at the Hereford facility. Co workers from the day before told me about an explosion in which 2-3 workers were possibly injured, I donât know the full details of the explosion. My problem is that before explosion workers were not trained as they shouldâve been and worse after the incident employee and oil company placed me and other employees in the exact area. We had no safety discussion, we know little about the explosion what happened and why. Yet the employer and oil company think it wise to place employees in the point of exposure, no hot work permits, safety meeting NOTHING Resolution: Complaint referred to Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Date Received: Aug. 6, 2019 Document No.: 200447889 WEEDS Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: ne 1/4 nw 14 section 14 ton r65w 6th pm. noxious weeds have not been controlled at all. pipeline Issue: noxious weeds have not been controlled at all. Rule 603.f., oil and gas locations âshall be kept free of weeds". states area shall be kept free of these weeds. This hasn'd been done at all. Resolution: Pipeline location is not within the authority of COGCC
- Date Received: Aug. 4, 2019 Document No.: 200447848 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: COGCC meeting 7-31-19. conduct of activists at the COGCC meeting - It was extremely unfair that these people were not allowing other people to speak and that they were able to control the meeting. they need to be removed and not allowed to attend any future meetings. Resolution: Hearing concerns have been provided to Chairman Gibbs and Director Robbins.
- Date Received: Aug. 4, 2019 Document No.: 200447860 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: I am writing to complain about the circus that has become the ânormâ at the COGCC hearings. I came to testify July 31, 2019. I gave my testimony to coughing noises, and a âShame on Youâ called out at the end of my testimony. Over and over and over the chair asked the audience to please be respectful, not make comments, etc. HE COMPLETELY LOST CONTROL OF THE ROOM. He needs to do his job and enforce order for all of us who come to testify. Evict those who will not follow the rules. If the COGCC wants to be respected then please get it under control Mr. Chair. Resolution: Hearing concerns have been provided to Chairman Gibbs and Director Robbins.
- Date Received: Aug. 4, 2019 Document No.: 200447856 ROYALTY Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Hello, Extraction oil and gas company has been deducting money from my royalty check and it was MY understanding that NOTHING was to be deducted from my forced pooled, non-conforming 12.5% payment and that all 'fees' etc...were taken out of the 87.5% PENALTY -that the oil and gas people are KEEPING because I did not lease! I sent them the information I received from various places....one being "If you have been involuntarily pooled already, you are not expected to pay any of the costs . All expenses and the statutory 200% comes out of any proportionate share you are due from your percentage of the pool. That will be taken first, then you will start receiving payments for your mineral interests. as well as the 12.5 (1/8%)." They said they have to keep taking it out until the finish 'investigating' it. I feel like a neglected relative and am very upset....I am an elderly widow with a fixed income that was cut in half (but my debts were not cut in half) when my husband died...$400 may not seem very much to them but it is very important to me....especially when it is taken out twice...once from the royalty (12.5) and once from production (87.5%). I sent Extraction some of the information I had regarding no deduction from my 12.5% royalty. "If you have been involuntarily pooled already, you are NOT expected to pay any of the costs . All expenses and the statutory 200% comes out of any proportionate share you are due from your percentage of the pool. That will be taken first, then you will start receiving payments for your mineral interests. as well as the 12.5 (1/8%) Royalty. This is all assuming the well is profitable. You wonât be expected to pay anything, it just means it will take longer for you to receive anything" Resolution: COGCC Hearings Officer contacted the complainant and explained the payment of proceeds process and provided Forms 37 and 37.
- Date Received: Aug. 1, 2019 Document No.: 200447846 NOTIFICATION Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: West of Colorado Blvd between 151st Ave and Jackson St Brighton Colorado 80602 Issue: Noble Energy sent a "Notice of Scheduled Activity" to my home. It said they were plugging 2 wells in this area. Unfortunately there are 3 in the described area. I called the phone number on the letter (1-844-224-0347) and reached someone in Texas who could not help me. He transferred me to a second person, who also could not help me, and referred me to a phone number (800-220-5824) which was an automated system with no reference to Colorado operations. Google gave me a Denver office number and a Greeley office number. Denver was not able to direct me at all. Greeley was going to look up the manager for my area and have them give me a call. This is ridiculous, and in my opinion does not meet the standard for notification. Resolution: COGCC rules to do not require notice for this activity, so the notice is provided as a courtesy. COGCC does not regulate the content or accuracy of the letter. The operator may not be abandoning all wells in the vicinity.
- Date Received: July 30, 2019 Document No.: 200447823 AIR QUALITY Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: This month the air quality has gotten really bad. I have lived in Beijing, China which has had polluted air and I know how pollution affects me. My health is being affected by the air quality. My respiratory health is getting worse due to the increase in bad air quality. It feels like I always have a low grade cold- my throat is scratchy and dry. My throat feels the same as when I lived in China! I am a healthcare provider and I know I am not sick with a cold- I am 100% certain this is because of the pollution getting worse. Resolution: Health and regional air quality concerns were referred to CDPHE.
- Date Received: July 30, 2019 Document No.: 200447821 ROYALTY Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: T7S R95W Section 3: SW/4 WASATCH, T7S R95W Section 3: ALL, Approximately 40 acres leased by Terra Energy Partners LLC (TEP), Co-owned by 10 royalty owners of which Wilson Family Trust dtd July 17, 1997 William & Lois Leona Wilson Co-TTEES own 5%. Issue: Need to confirm that the formula for calculating our mineral royalties is correct and that we are receiving our correct dollar amount. An article in Law360 (March 18, 2019) stating that "A Colorado federal judge approved a nearly $8 million settlement that will go to a class of roughly 600 royalty owners who alleged they were underpaid by a unit of gas producer Terra Energy Partners LLC..." I have no way of knowing if the interest rate or if the formula used to calculate our royalties due us are correct. And after seeing the above article, I would like it to be confirmed that the formula and what we receive for the royalty on our above wells are correct. Resolution: Complainant referred to COGIS records to review production data and informed COGCC does not maintain interest rate/ formula information.
- Date Received: July 29, 2019 Document No.: 200447803 NOISE Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: These sand trucks that come through every 3-4 minutes 24x7 are rediculously loud. Something is loose on them that causes them to rattle and shake everytime they hit a bump. It's awful for the handful of residence along main st. Either offer to buy us all out for a residential area for your drivers/energy workers or bypass main. The sheer number of trucks is rediculous. PLEASE at least fix the rattling issue with the sand trucks. I can send a video if you like. Resolution: Traffic noise is not within COGCC's jurisdiction. Complainant referred to local government.
- Date Received: July 25, 2019 Document No.: 200447799 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: us 24-wells (Heron Pad), 36-wells (Jacobson Pad), 32-wells (Harlo Pad) Issue: Fracking issues 1. TRAFFIC-Fracking Increases Truck Traffic- More volume on busy neighboring roads. Before/after school traffic with this can be a possible nightmare, we will have industrial equipment visible, water pits and these sites emit smog-forming volatile organic compounds and benzene. 2. LIGHTING-Bright light flares as this site will have a constant flare emitting (methane leaking, etc.) 3. PROPERTY VALUES-Property Values will decrease?- Example: All the houses on the market at HWY 7 & I-25 and Erie/ N. Broomfield since the Great Walls of Fracking went up they have decreased. Who will want to buy our homes with noise pollution, Mountain View obstructed by Fracking Towers/$125,000 2 month wall, next to the âFrack Freewayâ when they know the risk factors to their health nearby them. 4. SCHOOL DRILLS-Safety- this will be another School Drill for our kids to prepare for if there was a leak or explosion that happened. 5. WATER-Chemical-laced wastewater can spill and pollute drinking water. If there is a leak this can contaminate our water which we already know Commerce City struggles with and create harmful health issues. Water mixture that pumped into the shale rock during the fracking process contains carcinogenic chemicals, these escape fracking boreholes and pollute the local water supply near the fracking site which is our homes! Also Fracking requires more water than conventional gas drilling generally 1-8 million gallons of water, this can cause increases on our rates and decrease us having life giving water to survive from due to the supply and demand. 6. CHEMICALS-The mixture used in fracking often includes additives of biocide, polymeric lubricant, surfactant, and stabilizer. But because companies are not required to disclose any information about the chemicals they use, they have the freedom to change the ingredients. This is especially true because they are exempt from the Safe Drinking Water Act of 20 Resolution: COGCC does not accept objecting to pending permits via the complaint process. Complainant was referred to COGCC permitting process.
- Date Received: July 15, 2019 Document No.: 200447818 AIR QUALITY Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Extraction has been using Gibson D822 which contains benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. This oilly liquid is a carcinogen and also contains ozone precursors. This drilling mud is used by the truck loads. I have experienced all the heath effects symptoms listed on the SDS. In addition, I have also experienced massive hair loss which stopped immediately after drilling stopped. One day I had massive diaherria (as in a free colon cleanse for a colonoscopy) after breathing the Gibson for hours the day before. Because I have had all the short term health effects should I assume I will have the long term effects such as cancer? I have made the CDPHE aware of this and they could take no action. What can be done for myself and my neighboors which includes children? Broomfield also misrepresented the electrical power situation to the CDPHE and told then Interchange did not have electrical power yet an electric drill was used for almost three months. How can COGCC allow oil and gas to use Gibson D822 in neighboorhoods and expose people to this carcinogen when NEOFLO is available? The CDC and the EPA tell me that benzene, toluene, and ethylenebenzene are first detected by the human nose around 1.5 to 5 or 6 ppm. The problem is that the health standards (ATSDR) are 1000 times smaller in the <10ppb range. When the COGCC inspector or Broomfield inspectors come out and sniff the air their nose is not adequate to provide quantification of these carcinogens in the ppb range. When their noses start to detect the chemicals it is 1000 times over the health standard. What we were smelling was not something that was barely detectable. It was very very strong and I am concerned the concentrations in the air where much much more than ppm. The CAMML should have been at Interchange B but it appears Broomfield did not want them there and told them there was electrical power. The CDPHE can do nothing for us. Can you do anything to access the damage to our bodies. Also neither Broomfield or CDPHE can measure Resolution: Complainant referred to Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) Oil and Gas Health Information Response Program (OGHIR) and Air Pollution Control Division (APCD)
- Date Received: June 19, 2019 Document No.: 200447451 TRESPASS Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: The tanks are located beyond the agreed easement and temporary work zone Resolution: Inspection in response to complaint. 18#200447451 Field Inspector Assigned: Adam Kraich Complaint Received: Date: 6/20/2019 Complaint Contacted: Date: 6/21/2019 @13:25 via phone call. Location #: 440176 Inspection Document # 694400198 Nature of complaint: Trespass Field Inspector Actions: On 9/20/2019, I received a complaint in regard to an alleged trespass on a private surface owners property. On 9/21/2019, I contacted the complainant via phone who informed me the midstream company performing the work âRocky Mountain Midstreamâ had since responded to his complaint and have moved the tanks that were staged on his property. CLOSED COMPLAINT PER COMPLAINANT REQUEST No violation of COGCC rules were observed at the time of the inspection. All information reviewed and site inspection information were submitted to the complaint specialist for further review.
- Date Received: May 12, 2019 Document No.: 200447282 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: i received a package of lease agreement forms from aspired energy, inc in January 2019, which i objected despite of contacting both the state and aspired as well. to get more information, i considered this whole deal somewhat fishy. i also contacted the HOA in this regard, and found them not supportive. The HOA claim we are NOT to engage business in which case this would be one. our guidelines does not support it.furthermore they state if there would be any suit against in this case the operator, Aspired, i could be included in it. therefore, please take notice that i have no interest in this whole ordeal. i also received another package from Wellborn Sullivan Meck & Trooley, PC who i believe they represent Axis Exploration LLC,(aplicant). i believe aspired wants me to lease my mineral rights to them, i have little knowledge on the outcome, but if there was any issues of polution in the water, gas or oil leaks, or simple the presence of an oil pump, i would be very concern; the fact that we are not to do business in our community, the chances of having part in a law suit, I rather stay out. thank you. Resolution: Complainant was informed that the COGCC can not assist in negotiation of mineral leases.
- Date Received: May 9, 2019 Document No.: 200447280 NOISE Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Approx 40.032318, -105.058964. Dangerous levels of noise and vibration from "thumper trucks" in residential neighborhood. Noise is described as noise you hear and feel, continuous, thumping. Resolution: COGCC does not have rules regarding noise from seismic operations. Complaint was referred to the Town of Erie LGD.
- Date Received: May 2, 2019 Document No.: 200447224 ORPHANED EQUIPMENT Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: Childrenâs Pocket Park in Vista Ridge neighborhood on Eagleview Place in Erie, CO. Police report case #19-0858 with officer Aaron Haddox on 5/2/2019. Issue: Seismic testing devices from Crestone Peaks were left in a childrenâs park with no identification or coverings so children could not touch them and get hurt. Children of all ages play in this park daily. Resolution: COGCC referred the complaint to the LGD for the town of Erie. The town is the surface owner.
- Date Received: May 2, 2019 Document No.: 200447227 ACCESS Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: I live at 1313 Lombardi St., Erie, CO 80516. Directly across the street (west) is Crescent Park. Issue: Today, unidentified metal boxes with wires from each end coming out appeared. I called the police and the almost sent out the bomb squad. The local police called to say these are showing up everywhere. Without notificiation, without any identification.This has to be violation of some rule if in fact these are a result of some oil & gas work.Can they place unidentified metal boxes with wires in public parks with no notification? The prudent action would be to have a bomb squad remove them. Or a citizen might. Resolution: COGCC referred the complaint to the LGD for the town of Erie. The town is the surface owner.
- Date Received: April 30, 2019 Document No.: 200447215 ROADS Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: I witnessed a semi truck leaving an Oil & Gas site that turned northbound on CR 7, just north of the CR 7 & CR 4 intersection. The semi traveled north until they reached the intersection of CR 7 & Erie Parkway. The semi was attempting to make a right hand turn onto Erie Parkway from CR 7. The speed limit on Erie Parkway is 50 mph, just to be clear. The semi was unable to make the turn while staying in their lane, and they not just occupied the southbound lane on CR 7 while attempting the turn, they proceeded to turn into all lanes of traffic on Erie Parkway, stopping traffic in all directions. This is not the first time I have seen this happen, and I have personally had to slam on my brakes and come to a complete stop to avoid semi's making similar moves. There is an even bigger concern here. This intersection is 1 block away from CR 5 & Erie Parkway, where Erie High School and Soaring Heights PK-8 is located. I drive past this intersection every day to take my child to school, along with all of the teenage drivers going to Erie high school. This is a traffic incident waiting to occur and someone is going to get killed. There is no good reason to send your haulers down a road that they are physically unable to make the turn. The traffic control plan that was submitted for this drilling permit needs to be re-examined, because I feel like someone absolutely dropped the ball here. I REPEAT. YOU CAN NOT allow your truckers and haulers to use a road where they CAN NOT PHYSICALLY make the turn without putting other drivers at risk. Resolution: The COGCC does not have authority over traffic on city or county roadways. Complaint was referred to LGDs for Erie and Weld County
- Date Received: April 10, 2019 Document No.: 200447115 ODOR Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: The smell in Vista Ridge neighborhood in Erie, CO is absolutely horrendous tonight. My kids and I could not spend time outside after dinner due to the smell. Resolution: COGCC Inspection Report Summary On 4-10-2019 at approximately 0800 hrs. I, Inspector Jason E. Gomez, conducted a field inspection in reference to an odor complaint in the Erie area in the neighborhood of Vista Ridge, in Weld county Colorado. While in the area, I observed a drilling operation at the Extraction Coyote location, a 4 production operations in the area. During this inspection of the neighborhood and neighboring oil and gas operation no odors issues were observed off the locations. The extraction drilling operation were using mitigation measures to mitigate odors from their location at the time of the inspection. No compliance issues were observed at the time of the inspection.
- Date Received: April 8, 2019 Document No.: 200447107 ROADS Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: The whole length of Market Street from the exit of keenesburg and the stop at market Street and WCR 398. Issue: Since the cryogenic plant was finished the semi traffic through Market Street as well as when the workers get off work has gotten unbearable. The excessive use of Jake brakes 24/7 because many the semis are going way over the speed limit to make the turn. No doubt some of them do it just to be cute. Market Street is 30 mile an hour and flat, it is not a mountain Road which is what Jake brakes were designed for. When the workers get off work they like to use Market Street and the county road as a drag strip to show off their big diesel pickups they go by my house and rattle the windows with no regard or care to anybody including children. As a sufferer of PTSD and cluster headaches this has made my life unbearable. I understand the need for your plant and have been understanding as best as I can, how about helping out and being fair with people that have to live here. Resolution: The facility described in the complaint is not within the jurisdiction of the COGCC. The complainant was referred to local law enforcement and the LGD for Weld County.
- Date Received: April 4, 2019 Document No.: 200447101 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Please change the regulation regarding low frequency noise. Operators are allowed to exceed the 65 db. limit as long as they "try real hard not to". If an operator cannot access the resources without breaking the rules, then they have to cease activity immediately. Resolution: Complainant was referred to the process to request rulemaking (COGCC Rule 529).
- Date Received: March 26, 2019 Document No.: 200447088 AIR QUALITY Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: DCP Midstream, Mewbourn Gas Plant, 18455 CR 35, Platteville, CO. 80651 Issue: One of their burn off stacks was emitting a lot of black smoke, usually you see big flames and small amounts of black smoke. This day there was much you could smell a foul odor in the air. Makes a person wonder what they do at night. Odor is described as "chemical", began on March 19, 2019. Residence is located 1.5 to 2 miles north of the source. Resolution: The location is not within the jurisdiction of the COGCC. The complaint was referred to the CDPHE Air Pollution Control Division.
- Date Received: March 26, 2019 Document No.: 200447084 SPILLS Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: On November 4th at approximately 8:00 AM my husband and I opened the door and were met with an overwhelming smell of gas. There are 5 ponds and a creek on our property, which are fed by the Animas Citizens Irrigation Ditch. In the early hours of November 4th, a 16 inch waste pipe broke and spilled the contents into the ACID which feeds/ flows through our ponds and creek. The first two ponds were especially hit with a tar-like black sludge, but all ponds were impacted, as they are flow through ponds. The ponds also have outlets that spread the contamination onto the surface of the property. The 16 inch line originates about 1 mile due north of our property. The operator (BP) is aware of the issue. Resolution: Please refer to REM #12660 for more information regarding operator's remediation activities. Sample results from April 2019 sampling are compliant with Table 910-1.
- Date Received: March 18, 2019 Document No.: 200447071 ODOR Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Gas smell at times when they are flushing lines, At the time of line flushing they evacuate the employees from facility, but tell me nothing of procedure. Resolution: The facility described in the complaint is a midstream facility, not within COGCC's jurisdiction. Complaint was referred to the LGD.
- Date Received: Feb. 24, 2019 Document No.: 200446995 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Accessing well logs: Haven't been able to download well logs. Using: Facilities/Well then entering Sec, Township, and Range I get the error message: error on server processing URL... and to contact administrator. I haven't had this problem ever before... Tried to access well logs in Sec 8, Township 5 South, Range 96 West several times and got the above mentioned error message. Before I had accessed and downloaded logs from this section, township, and range without any problem. Tried several other sections, townships, and ranges and got the same error message. Resolution: COGCC staff contacted the complainant regarding the issue and communicated they were aware of the issue and working on a resolution with the Office of Information Technology.
- Date Received: Feb. 21, 2019 Document No.: 200446989 WATER WELL Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Every two years the oil and gas company who is drilling and pumping water/gas in the area of our home at 13980 Northridge Rd., Weston, CO, is required to sample our water well and normally provides us with the results. In December of 2017 Petrogulf was organizing the sample/ananlys but we never received a copy of the results. I understand the analysis / results are filed with the State of Colorado. How can I acquire a copy of those results. The last results we received were based on a December 2015 sample. Resolution: The operator provided Mr. Law's analytical results by mail, the COGCC also provided a PDF copy of the results by email. A Warning Letter #401948519 was issued to Evergreen Natural Resources regarding Rule 608.
- Date Received: Feb. 19, 2019 Document No.: 200446977 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Totally understand that you are overseeing permits and their approval. But what I think is happening,this drilling on Lowry park is highly suspicious. I see permits exclusively issued and constantly approved on "Lowry" land. Why is that? State is benefiting from this activity and mineral right owner's outside this sacred area are getting nothing. Elbert Co to the south is right there and they are getting nothing from this activity. Mineral owners directly east of township 64 are being teased with permits with right on the edge of said township and yet nothing is leaving "Lowry park" I need a good answer as to why the "excluded" part's are being neglected. for the record I have a interest in rights in township 63w. And thus my concerns Resolution: Complainant was informed that oil and gas operators make decisions regarding where to drill, and apply for permits accordingly. COGCC reviews and approves permit applications in accordance with COGCC Rules.
- Date Received: Feb. 14, 2019 Document No.: 200446963 WATER WELL Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: My name is Jerry Schafer and I am the new home owner of 3500 E. 156th Ave Brighton, Co 80602. My neighbor and I had both of our water wells quit working on Tuesday 2/12/19. His address is 3450 E. 156th Ave. We both have companies pulling the pumps but my neighbor's was test positive for gas in the well. I do not know of this is methane or natural gas. His company believes this may be the case of the wells not working. I believe you may have had a complaint from the previous owner Bob Harrison. Resolution: Samples collected for water quality analysis on 02/26/2019. There are no indications of any oil and gas related impacts to the subject domestic water well. The samples from the subject domestic water well did not contain the organic compounds benzene, toluene, ethyl benzene, or total xylenes (BTEX), which are often associated with contamination from petroleum hydrocarbons. Neither were total petroleum hydrocarbons (TPH), another method used to indicate impacts from petroleum drilling and production operations, detected.
- Date Received: Feb. 1, 2019 Document No.: 200446934 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Cogcc website - not able to add public comments for permits affected by IT issues. I am concerned with being able to add comments to the kauffman permit by magpie in Larimer county and the wizard permit by great western in Larimer county. Please reopen the public comment period for the kauffman pad from magpie in Larimer county and the wizard pad by great western in Larimer county. You have an announcement on your homepage that says "Since January 18th, the COGCC has been experiencing IT issues with the electronic form submission and notification process. These problems have now been resolved. Acting Director Robbins has extended the comment period by 20 days for all affected permit applications." You opened the wizard comments up for a day because you acknowledged there were problems with the public's ability to add comments. Now the comment period for both of these huge proposed oil sites are closed and we cant add comments. We just read an article in teh Coloradoan yesterday which is how we found out about these proposed well pads and the Thornton pipeline that may be coming to Windsor too. Please allow us to add comments during the extended 20 day period. Resolution: The public comment end date for the Wizard FD Pad (document #401844206) has been extended to 02/19/2019. The public comment end date for the Kauffman Pad (document #401817313) has been extended to 02/19/2019.
- Date Received: Jan. 31, 2019 Document No.: 200446931 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: This is not a complaint but more of a suggestion. This is about the proposed injection well on the BMC A pad. We have an injection well on our pad (Speakman, pad) that URSA has only injected 67,475 from May of 2016 till November of 2018. URSA started trucking the production water from the Speakman pad to the Watson and the Tompkins injection wells in December and still are today. Battlement Mesa people are against the proposed injection well on the BMC A pad. Why don't URSA pipe the water from the B&V, BMC A and B pad to the BMC C pad(speakman injection well) around 5800' from the A pad. This would make the people of Battlement happier. solve URSA'S need for removing water without trucking and utilize the Speakman injection well. No, but Garfield County should be notified. When they permitted this injection well it was to reduce truck traffic. If URSA is trucking this water from the Speakman pad to another pad for injection (I followed the trucks to both pads) They are adding to the truck traffic. I'm sure this could be verified through there travelers. I would think that this water is from cradle to grave report. Resolution: Comment period for the permit is closed, so comment could not be added. Information was provided to permitting staff.
- Date Received: Jan. 28, 2019 Document No.: 200446912 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: COGCC closed the comment period before 1/21/19 and the announcement on the website today said that the comment period was reopened from 1/25/19-1/26/19. When I attempted to add my comment tonight, I was unable to enter any comment. It shows that the comment period is closed and it will not allow for any comments to be added. Wizard FD Pad (2A Doc #401844206) Resolution: Comment period was reopened January 28 & 29, 2019. The change to the comment period was announced via the COGCC News & Notices page. Extension could not be communicated directly to the complainant, as no contact information was provided with the complaint.
- Date Received: Jan. 28, 2019 Document No.: 200446923 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: COGCC Hearing - public comment process (relating to Wizard FD pad). I followed all instructions on the COGCC website in order to submit a written public comment for inclusion in the commissioners' hearing portfolio for the 1/28/19 hearing on behalf of myself and several neighbors. However, the hearing has already begun and our comments do not appear in the hearing commissioners' portfolio on the COGCC website and there is no evidence that the commissioners were provided a hard copy of our comments. According to the COGCC website, there was no specific deadline for inclusion of our comments in the hearing portfolio for this hearing. Our comments are time sensitive and involve information about a spacing unit application that is currently on the 1/28/19 docket. Please ensure that the commissioners receive our written comment today, prior to the consent agenda vote. I just checked and saw that my comment now shows up in the online commissioners hearing portfolio, but the PDF will not open and shows size of 0kb. Could you please look into this further and ensure that the commissioners are provided with our comment prior to the consent agenda vote today? Thank you. Resolution: COGCC Hearing Manager confirmed commissioners received complainant's public comment prior to the consent agenda vote
- Date Received: Jan. 22, 2019 Document No.: 200446907 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: Wizard FD Pad (2A Doc #401844206) Issue: COGCC website confirms that the comment period for this site will close on 1/21/19. However, when I attempted to make a comment today (1/21/19), it says that the comment period has closed. This is unacceptable! This is a huge proposed site and there are lots of concerns and issues. What good is a comment period if you are unable to make a comment during that time? I attempted to include screenshots to document this, but was unable to include images on this form. Resolution: COGCC staff confirmed that the comment function was disabled before the end of the comment period due to COGCC server malfunctions. Comment period was reopened January 25 & 26, 2019. The change to the comment period was announced via the COGCC News & Notices page. Extension could not be communicated directly to the complainant, as no contact information was provided with the complaint.
- Date Received: Jan. 18, 2019 Document No.: 200446905 NOISE Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: County Road 330, Ignacio, Co 81137. Sambrito Compressor Station Issue: We have been dealing with extreme noise issues with this compressor plant for months now. When it first went online years ago, it was extremely loud but they fixed those issues. Now it is extremely loud again and while they have done some things to address the issues, it is still extremely loud, especially at night. They have conducted sound tests and insist nothing has changed. Well, something has changed because the sound is not imagined. The one time the reps came out, the plant was apparently shut down or dialed way down so they acted like they did not believe us how loud it is. Now, I cannot get them to come out and they will not answer the last e-mail I sent on January 16th. Since it is a tribal compressor station, I am not sure if we have any recourse. They insist they follow COGCC rules to the T and way back when this was an issue, the problem was fixed. The person that took care of it was Terry Simpson and unfortunately, he since has passes away. We have been dealing with Bill Wilkinson and I have asked for any other person higher up I can deal with if this issue cannot be resolved at his level. He has thus far ignored that request. If the COGCC is unable to do anything to get somebody to address this use, is there anybody you can direct us to contact that might be able to resolve it? At times, there is little noise and at other times, the noise is horrible. I have never been around another compressor station that had these issues and there are many in our area. Surely there is some way to get this issue addressed. I know I am increasingly irritated and the person I have dealt with probably is getting frustrated with me but it is horrible. If you cannot do anything, perhaps you can please direct us to somebody higher in the Tribe with Red Cedar Gathering that we can speak with. We would appreciate any help we can get in resolving this noise issue. Thank you Resolution: The location described in the complaint is not under the jurisdiction of the COGCC. Complainant was referred to the LGD.
- Date Received: Jan. 11, 2019 Document No.: 200446867 ODOR Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: Sheridan Blvd between 164 and perble creek hwy Issue: oil / gasaline smell emitting from cloud that was escaping from under the ground. represent the citizens and insure our safety.. as the broomfield projects progress I feel I drop my kids in gas chamber on their playground every morning. the sky is never clear over the hill to that area and to see a steam with a smell rise from the ground is disturbing and apotolipic... which is were we are heading if you cant curb this toxic industry. Odor is described as "oil based paint / gasoline". Odor first noticed on 1/10/19. Resolution: Area inspected, inspection document number: 690003017 No odor encountered.
- Date Received: Jan. 4, 2019 Document No.: 200446856 NOTIFICATION Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: I received a letter in the mail from Extraction Oil & Gas offering participation or a mineral rights lease. I have attempted to contact them several times without reply. Extraction Oil & Gas are not adhering to the laws required for operation in my area. I ama attempting to negotiate a lease with them, but they are not responsive. We either need more time (120 days) to come to terms or the permit process should be terminated for them because they are not acting in good fait. Do not understand the notice letter no one is responding to my request for negotiated terms. This is a huge burden on ordanary 'real' citizens. The lease provided by Extraction is not fair. Attempts to contact the landman listed on the notification have gone un-answered. Contacts provided by a council member of Broomfield are not responding. I am attempting to address this issue in a reasonable manner, but nobody is responding. This is a huge burden on an ordinary real citizen without the backing of a Corporation or legal background. I need more time to secure my rights. Resolution: Mineral leases are civil agreements over which COGCC does not have jurisdiction.
- Date Received: Dec. 20, 2018 Document No.: 200446818 WATER WELL Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: TC- Mosier Hill 2-9-11 Issue: We don't have city water, only well water and we would like to know if this well will disrupt or contaminate our well. Resolution: No indication of impacts to water well.
- Date Received: Dec. 20, 2018 Document No.: 200446822 NOT ENOUGH DATA Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Chevron NA has three Oil and Gas fields in Colorado. Rangley-Rangley, Skinner Ridge- DeBeque, Wilson Creek-Meeker. As per COGCC regulations companies are required to have a certified opacity reader for each field. As 12/17/18 Chevron doesn't have a certified opacity reader in Colorado. The past three opacity readers, one failed to re-certify, two posted out to a job in Texas, and three was dismissed from employment. Resolution: COGCC staff reviewed the complaint and determined that COGCC does not have a regulation requiring one certified opacity reader for each field.
- Date Received: Dec. 11, 2018 Document No.: 200446854 NOTIFICATION Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: I live in the City/County of Broomfield. The county's real citizens have voted to ban fracking and they voted in support of Proposition 112. These votes by real citizens and land owners strongly indicate that extraction of oil and gas in the area is not a welcome activity. Unfortunately, the Oil & Gas industry has chosen to overrule the will of real citizens by spending vast amounts of money on legal fees and mis-information campaigns to make us ordinary citizens obsolete. This is even more of an issue as large corporations encroach on large suburban communities where land is fractured into very small lots. The landowners in these areas do not own large tracts of land, they don't stand to benefit from huge oil & gas windfalls, and they don't have any money to fight the large corporations. On the flip side, oil & gas corporate citizens are taking advantage of a 'divide & conquer' situation where the land they seek mineral rights to is fractured across many disorganized land owners. This is a huge windfall for the corporation and a failure of our government to protect and uphold the will of the REAL people. I own less than 1/3 of an acre of land. All of my neighbors are in the same boat. None of us has enough money to hire a lawyer to negotiate a fair and equitable lease with the predatory corporation. The royalties we are due for our share of the natural resources are miniscule on an individual basis, so the return on investment to hire a lawyer is non-existent. So what is a real citizen supposed to do? The contract that the oil & gas company is providing to real citizens is very predatory. There is no way I can sign their lease. Yet, I don't have enough legal experience to know how to negotiate this, and I don't have the time nor experience to run a huge community organizing effort to rally against the corporation. I have filed a complaint with the COGCC, but suspect that organization is just a front for corporate interests. The real citizens of this city/county/state need protection from the oil & gas corp Resolution: Mineral lease are civil agreements over which COGCC does not have jurisdiction.
- Date Received: Nov. 26, 2018 Document No.: 200446779 WATER WELL Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: SE/4SE/4 of Section 10, Township 1 South, Range 68 West, Adams County, Colorado. The property address is 15211 Washington St., 80023. Issue: (1) A water well (owned by North Washington Water Users Association - NWWUA) on the property is contaminated, and has been since, at least, 1997. See COGCC Order No. 1-72 and 1-83; Hearings File Memo dated October 18, 2018 by John Axelson at Doc. No. 2303200. The water well is used by 52 individuals, including the property owner. Thermogenic gas has been identified in the water, but testing has not been completed for other contaminants, particularly liquid contaminants such as BTEX. The water is often discolored (brick red), viscous, smells of crude oil, gaseous, and flammable. (2) There is another water well (owner's personal well) located on the property that is also contaminated in similar fashion and requires testing. Water issues: Odor, Taste Change, Color Change, Deposits, Flow Change, Flammable DWR Permit #: 143702, 8994 Well ages: 1 is 32 years old, 1 is 60 years old Water use: Household Use, Livestock/irrigation Resolution: The domestic water well (permit #143702) had no evidence of any O&G impact (biogenic origin of methane present). The water sample from the Roberts tap from the NWWUA had previously been known to contain methane of a mixture of biogenic and thermogenic origins. The water tap owner was advised to address any concerns to the NWWUA and/or the CDPHE.
- Date Received: Nov. 26, 2018 Document No.: 200446779 GROUND WATER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: The site investigation and remediation workplan filed with the Sharpe 1-10 well documents (report taken by Chris Canfield, received 7/9/2018) shows that soil contamination also exists on the property. The Sharpe 1-10 well is 100 yards north of the property owner's personal well, and 150 yards west of the NWWUA well. Resolution: Under COGCC rules removal of any partially-buried produced water vessel must be closed under a Form 27 and this was accomplished at the Sharp 1-10 tank battery with work conducted June 2018. Clean-up action are detailed in supporting documentation for a NFA determination by the COGCC staff. After review that NFA determination was granted and remediation No. 11446 closed on 7/10/2018. Former site equipment has been removed and site is undergoing reclamation.
- Date Received: Sept. 10, 2018 Document No.: 200446237 ROYALTY Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: ?Township 1 South, Range 68 West, 6th PM ?Section 16:Plot 3 Lot A Issue: I have purchased the oil and mineral rights on my land that I have lived for 29 years. The company âExtraction Oil and Gasâ in Colorado will soon be extracting from my plot and I have asked them to assure me that they now know that I own the mineral rights and the future royalties will come to me and not the previous owner. Resolution: Complainant advised that mineral leases are civil agreements outside COGCC's jurisdiction.
- Date Received: Sept. 6, 2018 Document No.: 200446230 AIR QUALITY Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location: AKA Energy, AKA Metering Station, Platteville, Weld County, CO (40.275266, -104.754023) Issue: Description: Earthworks field staff returned to this site for the 3rd time this year. Field staff noted odor on-site and intermittent emissions coming from the pneumatic control on the grey building. Since Earthworks was last at this site on 6/28/18, Xcel has incorporated a bucket marked âcharcoalâ into the system. There seemed to be small emissions leaking from the points at which the pipes met the bucket marked âcharcoal.â Video of this site is included below. Earthworksâ thermographers are ITC-certified and use a FLIR GF320 camera. Youtube link: https://youtu.be/xfI4Gk10GSQ. Resolution: COGCC does not have jurisdiction over the facility or air emissions described in this complaint. Complaint transferred to the Air Pollution Control Division at CDPHE.
- Date Received: Aug. 14, 2018 Document No.: 200446130 ROADS Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Location of concern: Country Road 84, Fremont County Issue: It was our understanding that a minimum county road quality should be maintained for all roads frequented by oil and gas. As indicated, this is a county road and it is not being maintained to this standard. The washboards that exist are dangerous as they make it nearly impossible to maintain control at any speed. In fairness, the county grades every couple of months, but the quality of the road is so bad two weeks later that a small automobile has trouble maintaining control. We call the county regularly and we're told it is on the list, but that the list is large. Meanwhile, drivers on county road 84 are at risk. Given the speed at which the roads deteriorate after grading and the amount of daily traffic on this road, it appears it should be paved. Please come out and drive it yourself and let us know how we can escalate and to whom if this is not your office. Thank you Resolution: