Weld County 40.264 Oil & Gas
|Tank Battery||Permit Pending||Approved Permit||Spill||Flowline||Flowline (other end location unknown)|
|Producing Well||Water Test Results||Horizontal Drilling||Plugged and Abandoned||Dry and Abandoned||Abandoned Location: Permit Vacated; per Operator, Well has not been Spudded|
|Inspection||Pit||Approved Permit to Drill Wellbore; not yet Reported as Spudded; Includes Expired Permits||Shut-in Well: Completed Wellbore is not Producing but is Mechanically Capable of Production||Temporarily abandoned Well: Completed Wellbore not Mechanically Capable of Production without Intervention||Drilling Wellbore: well has been Spudded but is not yet Reported as Completed||Injection Wellbore for Waste Disposal or Secondary Recovery|
|Active Well : Gas Storage Well Completion or Monitor Well (Manually Assigned by COGCC Staff)||Waiting for Completion: Well has been Drilled but not yet Reported as Completed||Suspended Permit: Permit to Drill is Suspended until an Issue is Resolved||Commingled: Multiple Wellbores Completed and Producing from the same Formation in the Well||Abandoned Drilled Wellbore or Vacated Permit for Wellbore that will not be Drilled or the well has been abandoned||Domestic Gas Well||School|
The following 768 complaint(s) have been assigned to Weld County 40.264 or have not been assigned to a county:
- Date Received: Jan. 8, 2010 Document No.: 200226446 ROADS Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: hard to get top Resolution:
- Date Received: Feb. 17, 2010 Document No.: 200231269 BASELINE WATER REQUEST Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Requesting a baseline water test of their domestic water well. Resolution: No ID'd impacts from O&G development. Good WQ. Iron-reducing bacteria and coliform bacteria present.
- Date Received: Feb. 23, 2010 Document No.: 200232081 WATER WELL Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Complainant alleges impact to domestic water well from nearby oil & gas operations. May have been a nearby flowline leak in the past 1-1.5 years. Claims there is oil in the water well. Resolution: Based on water sample results and inspections of surrounding oil & gas facilities, there is no data that would indicate the water quality in the Schwisow domestic water well has been impacted by nearby oil and gas operations. Reference letter to Evelyn Schwisow dated 3/25/10 COGCC Doc#2605871.
- Date Received: Oct. 26, 2010 Document No.: 200240657 BASELINE WATER REQUEST Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Request for baseline water well sampling before drilling rig moves in nearby Resolution: SUMMARY LETTER SENT TO LANDOWNER.
- Date Received: April 5, 2010 Document No.: 200240660 WATER WELL Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Domestic water wells contaminated Resolution: I told Ms. Meixsell that the COGCC was aware of two wells impacted on Divide Creek and that the impacts were being investigated to determine what had happened. She asked that she be kept informed on the progress. I told her I did not think I could release much information about private water wells to parties who did not own the wells. She reported that she is friends with the owners so can find out information from them.
- Date Received: March 25, 2010 Document No.: 200240714 BASELINE WATER REQUEST Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Bob Ashleigh called to request that his water well be sampled. It has not been sampled since it was installed, about three years ago. He does not have a complaint per se, just a request for sampling. Resolution: SUMMARY LETTER SENT TO LANDOWNER.
- Date Received: April 6, 2010 Document No.: 200240886 BASELINE WATER REQUEST Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Surface owner contacted J. Axelson and D. Baldwin to express concern about potential impacts to water quality and water rights from O&G development in the area. Follow up contact between S. Lindblom and surface owner determined that collecting pre-development water samples from springs, domestic well and irrigation wells would be appropriate. Resolution:
- Date Received: May 3, 2010 Document No.: 200245915 ROADS Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: ROAD MATAINENCE OF HORSHOE CANYON RD. Resolution: COGCC INSPECTED THE ROAD AFTER WORK DONE BY OPERATER AND CONCLUDED THAT ROAD WAS IN COMPLIANCE WITH COGCC RULES. LETTER WAS SENT TO ROBERT SWAN STATING SAME.
- Date Received: Feb. 17, 2010 Document No.: 200248051 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Mr. Van Artsdalen reported that he has recently had two small fires in the shed near his domestic well. He thinks the fires may have resulted from buildup of methane from his nearby water well or from seepage of methane through the ground under the shed. Resolution: Letter summarizing investigation and conclusions that no impacts from nearby CBM operations were observed in the soil gas survey and water quality invetigation. Pressure tank can vent and release combustible gas in shed where fire occurred. No gas was measured as seeping into shed from ground under and around the shed.
- Date Received: May 10, 2010 Document No.: 200248357 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Mrs. Brown reported that combustible gas detectors in two areas of her home alarmed within 30 minutes of one another in the past week. Home is near the Primero school along Hwy. 12 in Las Animas county. Alarm system was installed in 2007 during the Raton Basin Baseline Phase II investigation. Resolution: Summary letter indicating no observed impacts from nearby CBM activities were observed. Shallow coals are present in and around the Primero School area including near the Brown house and perhaps under the home. Advised the Browns to ensure the gas detectors installed as a COGCC project in 2007 are kept in good repair and tested frequently. Disucssed in person with Mrs. Brown previuosly that if botha alarms sound and then go off with ventilation of house that the threshold for the alrams was probably exceeded (10% of LEL). Appropriate actions then are to call emergency responders if alrams do not cease.
- Date Received: May 27, 2010 Document No.: 200252371 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: complaint Resolution: test complete
- Date Received: April 5, 2010 Document No.: 200256067 OTHER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Complainant is concerned that Kinder Morgan's Doe Canyon CO2 Plant is producing excessive vibration which is traveling east to their residence and causing their house to vibrate. Resolution: COGCC has no rules regarding vibration
- Date Received: June 21, 2010 Document No.: 200256155 RECLAMATION Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Unreclaimed abandoned lease road. Resolution: Resolution with response dated 6/21/2010. Not enough information to verify with any other documentation
- Date Received: June 23, 2010 Document No.: 200257289 GROUND WATER Operator: Invalid Operator Facility: Description: Complainant is worried that surrounding oil & gas development could impact his water well. Requested baseline groundwater sampling. Resolution: Based on the available information gathered to date, there are no indications of historic oil & gas related impacts to the water well. The COGCC maintains a water quality database where the analytical results from the water well will be recorded. If oil & gas development does occur near your home in the future, and you experience changes in your water quality, COGCC will use this baseline sample to compare to future water sample results from your well if requested.